Sports Massage incorporates a variety of different techniques depending on the needs of the individual. It might include some or all the following techniques: effleurage, petrissage, vibrations, tapotement, frictions, dermal lifting, compressions, soft tissue release and specific stretching techniques.
Generally, the massage is a lot firmer (deep tissue) than Aromatherapy or Swedish massage. It works primarily on the body’s soft tissues of muscles, tendons and fascia.
Although it is generally of firmer pressure, all pressure used is carefully tailored to each individual’s needs, requirements, preferences and tolerance levels !
It can involve working on specific problem areas or old injury sites. It is also a very effective treatment for reducing stress and tension, whether caused by work or through participating in sport.
BENEFITS OF SPORTS MASSAGE:
- Improved recovery from training sessions, leading to improved
- quality of performance (in both training and competition)
- Assists in the prevention of soft tissue injuries
- For relief of all kinds of muscular tension throughout the body, whether work or sport related
- General relaxation and stress relief